East Credit Neighbourhood

Community Profile

History

During the late 1800s farming activities and housing were the most common land uses in the District. The first land use designations for this area were Agricultural, Residential, and Greenbelt in the Official Plan of the Township of Toronto Planning Area, approved in May 1953, and the Town of Streetsville Planning Area, approved in April 1965.

The Britannia Landfill was established in 1978 as a result of Amendment 278 approved by the Ontario Municipal Board which designated the lands south of Britannia Road West, on the west side of Second Line West, for park and open space purposes to be utilized as an interim sanitary landfill operation. Today, a portion of the former Britannia Land Fill Site is used as a public golf course.

In 1981 when the Official (Primary) Plan for the City of Mississauga was approved by the Ministry of Housing, the East Credit Residential District was created

Today , East Credit offers various forms of residential housing, shopping facilities, parks and community facilities. The Rivergrove Community Centre, located along the Culham Trail is one of the newest facilities in the City.

East Credit Neighbourhood Map